kamala selvaraj husband passed away

Not even my husband had met her. An Obstetrician and Gynaecologist,Kamala Selvaraj was born in Tamil Nadu, India. Follow us for updates, Rs 6 crores recovered from house of Karnataka BJP MLA's son, Australia crush India by nine wickets, qualify for World Test Championship final, Meghalaya post-poll violence: Several injured, one found dead. Vinod Mehra was first married to Meena Broca, it was an arranged marriage. Try to avoid outside hyperlinks inside the comment. Malayalam | Uncertainty has been the defining theme. Gone are those days when my father used to take both of us to the beach every evening and used to end up buying us ice cream and chicklets from Woodlands.I sometimes wonder if my father played a major role in what I am today. 'When we first met, he offered an excellent first idea, and then Matt, my daughter Camilla, and I had one of the best creative sessions I can remember. ", "Dr. Kamala Selvaraj A Pioneer in Infertility Treatment", "She is proud mother of over 800 babies now", https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Kamala_Selvaraj&oldid=1105796516, Commissioned the first test tube baby in South India. My husband took over his family business responsibilities, of agriculture and property matters. The bond they shared becomes clear as she talks about how she chose medicine. Till this day my first test tube baby named Kamala Ratnam calls me up from Sundarapandiapuram on all auspicious occasions and talks to me. I came in with apprehension and self-doubt of recovery but went back with regained confidence and a much relieved gluteal region. If theres anything that Ive learned from the past two years, its that all of us can infect each other. kamala selvaraj husband passed away. The joy of carrying a baby is in feeling its every movement; in sensing the life within. My Dream Come True . His last marriage, to Kiran, lasted until his death. She likes doing things. 'We've just been on a little boat trip around the Greek islands - it was just us enjoying ourselves with no cameras. I had gained practical training but to set up an IVF lab, it needed expensive equipment, an experienced team and lots and lots of money. so y go with "the norm" of the judgement. Alamelu's father passed away just a month after their marriage and Ganesan's dream of becoming a doctor was shattered. The Saturday Interview — What animals want, The Hindu Centre for Politics and Public Policy, Supreme Court forms expert panel to probe any regulatory failure on Adani issue, India makes renewed push for consensus at G20 Foreign Ministers meeting, Hindenburg Research report on Adani Group | Supreme Court verdict on expert committee on March 2, High debt on Vedanta books puts investors on tenterhooks, Employees Provident Fund: How to activate UAN online, 1947: Madras Devadasis (Prevention of Dedication) Act passed, RMA 0-1 FCB, El Clasico highlights: Barcelona leads on aggregate after beating Real Madrid courtesy of a Militao own goal. But my destiny was different. It has a sentimental value, she smiles. I knew that from then on nothing could stop me, says Dr. Kamala. The Morning Standard | Actor Rob Reiner, his wife and actress Michele Reiner, director and producer Matthew George and Derrick Rossi will act as executive producers on the series. In response, Nag Ashwin, the director, says Kamala Selvaraj was aware of the story. I was losing hope. Can you deny the fact that Savitri was just a 16-17 year old naive girl who saw the face of city for 1st time? by | Jun 30, 2022 | robert a altman cause of death | what vpn does rush limbaugh endorse | Jun 30, 2022 | robert a altman cause of death | what vpn does rush limbaugh endorse I had no one to guide me or lend a shoulder to lean on. They do not represent the views or opinions of newindianexpress.com or its staff, nor do they represent the views or opinions of The New Indian Express Group, or any entity of, or affiliated with, The New Indian Express Group. He was a womaniser which all the people of Tamil Nadu knew. What Tamil film are you most excited to see in 2023? Privacy Policy | Established on 31st January 1982, GG Hospital is currently a four-storied, 70 bedded hospital covering all specialties in Obstetrics and Gynecology, general medicine, pediatrics neonatology and general surgery. I experienced this joy with the sense of touch, hearing and seeing. Careers, Home | Nation | World | Cities | Business | Columns | Entertainment | Sport | Magazine | The Sunday Standard. Later he got married to actress, Bindiya Goswami. His children are Revathi Swaminathan, Kamala Selvaraj, Narayani Ganesh, Jaya Shreedhar, Rekha, Radha Usman Syed, Vijaya Chamundeswari and Sathish Kumaar Ganesan. Family members passed away, we saw other lives being lost around us, and Covid affecting so many aspects of business. died at the age of 86 in 2016 following a secret four-year battle with dementia that left him wheelchair-bound and unable to speak. It does gross injustice to all the children of Gemini, and has defamed our father. Rekha's younger sister Radha Usman Syed Ganesan also acted in a few Tamil films. I've made a documentary on my father's life. That enlightened our prospects and with hope, in our hearts we approached GG Hospital would they show a new world to us? Website Designed, Developed & Maintained by Express Network Private Ltd. Director covered very least portion of what pain Savitri went over the period and strive to be a MAHANATI, Movie is about Savitri and yes some of it was not truthful and blaming Gemini for her alcholism was wrong. One Sunday at a conference, as I sat very uncomfortably in my seat, after my presentation, a doctor who had been noticing my discomfort the whole time , came up to me and said, I think you just need to visit SPARRC institute. Role of Laparoscopic Electrocoagulation of Ovarian Surface (LEOS) in PCOD and its outcome - Vol 52, No 2, March - April 2002. See other celebrities, athletes, actors, singers, politicians with surname Selvaraj. Gemini agreed and married Alamelu in 1940. "The filmmakers have relied on hearsay and gossip of someone who perhaps pretended to know everything about the star couple, and deliberately distorted reality." In this edition of our newsletter we share an excerpt from her successful journey, the story of how her dreams came true. Why Dr Kamala does not speak about the affair he had with Puspavalli for whom Rekha was born . Where are those scenes?, She further adds, Savitri arranged her daughter Vijayas marriage when Gemini Ganesan was away in South Africa. Advertise With Us, Tamil | I wear a particular colour each day of the week, she says as she proceeds to show me around her house. The director didnt even explore how my mother would have felt when she came into my fathers life despite knowing he was married!, Kamala is all praise for Keerthy Suresh who played Savitri in the film. We were very good students but we belonged to the forward caste and were therefore refused medical seats. We have migrated to a new commenting platform. About Us | Home. how to withdraw money from trust wallet to paypal. Can you deny that she was left to die on her own in her final years of her life? Prejudice is not opinion. Sybil Fawlty actress Prunella Scales was diagnosed with Alzheimer's disease in 2014. her husband Timothy West insisted she was 'still enjoying life' after celebrating her 90th birthday in June. if u want to talk about kammas and castes and the andhra movie business this is not the place to do so. We didnt discuss the scenes in detail, but Swapna Dutt (producer) and Kamala have had a couple of meetings, he says, and exclaims surprise that she is upset. Later, when she passed away, my mother (Alamelu) even permitted the final rites in her own home bestowing Savitri with dignity even in death. Although a brief flash at the very beginning of Nadigaiyar Thilagam (Mahanati in Telugu) states that its a fictionalised account of Savitris life, the film is highly biased towards Savitri and hasnt portrayed Gemini Ganesan with honesty, feels Ganesans daughter, Dr Kamala Selvaraj. His parents finally accepted us as a family, unable to stay away from their son any longer. Seva Ratna Award instituted by Centenarian Trust for her outstanding service to the community on 14 April 2001 in the presence of Mahaswami Sri Jayendra Saraswathi & Vijayendra Saraswati of Kancheepuram. What has been shown on screen is a one-sided version that glorifies Savitri, and bluntly ignores many other aspects of her life, she says. Best Motherhood Award, Ajanta Fine Arts - 30 May 2011. Music is an integral part of our family. Dr Kamala Selvaraj says, As the legendary Dr Gemini Ganesans daughters, we were taught one thing nothing is permanent; everything is transient. It helps me stay grounded and manage stress. Hindi | Even in his last years he married a lady who ditched him later. Later, she supported her niece's medical education. Rajiv Gandhi Unity Award - 20 August 1991. camra sport boulanger essentiel b. nom de ville le plus repandu en france; sssm sdis 29; texte sur les saisons ce1; florian maurice fortune; expert en sinistre formation en ligne But in the film, he is shown to be jobless and hanging around the sets of Savitris films all the time! She was named Kamala Ratnam, after me. It is an honest attempt to look at into his life as a hero on- and off-screen., accomplishment The peace in my name "Shanti" reigned in our house too. Kannada. John said: 'What I like about Matt is that, unlike many producers, he really "gets" the creative process. It was again my mother who gave her away in marriage at Savitris request. If you are already a registered user of The Hindu and logged in, you may continue to engage with our articles. Website Designed, Developed & Maintained by Express Network Private Ltd. Being a doctor myself I could easily relate to the requirements. Have received the award of "Best Lady Doctor Award-1993", Kamala Selvaraj is the daughter of popular Tamil Actor, Gemini Ganeshan. Weve learnt ways to survive with all the problems of the world. We have never sought help from anyone. I dreamed of one day being involved in a continuation of the story. by | Jun 30, 2022 | robert a altman cause of death | what vpn does rush limbaugh endorse | Jun 30, 2022 | robert a altman cause of death | what vpn does rush limbaugh endorse The legendary actor Gemini Ganesans daughter, Dr Kamala Selvaraj, isnt so pleased about how her father was portrayed in the film. In 1990, Rekha married Delhi-based industrialist Mukesh Aggarwal. When she was in coma, my father took care of her. I was very fond of drawing and painting and was keen to become an artist. Abstain from posting comments that are obscene, defamatory or inflammatory, and do not indulge in personal attacks. Eventually I lost contact with her after she migrated to Australia. Why this lady is lamenting now She would have protested with the producers at the beginning. Lifetime Achievement Award, Dr MGR University. The biggest mistake Savitri did was that she fell in love with him and married him. There are so many things to appreciate in the movie as a whole. Can u deny that he went on to marry a 36 year old woman in his 70s ? However, this marriage also didn't last for long. The date decided upon for the delivery was January 21. I had promised my kids a wonderful Christmas vacation in Finland and as my mobility took a turn for theworse I panicked and set up an appointment with Dr. Kannan Pugazhendi just two days before my intended trip. We have unending problems of staff attendance, financial burdens and kids schooling at home. I saw an article about the world's first test-tube baby and got interested. Copyright - newindianexpress.com 2023. After all, you only live once., Kamala Selvaraj has recently completed a documentary on Gemini' Ganesan and his journey through cinema. The director, Nag Ashwin, and the producers didnt care to listen to our version of the story. You don't accept it doesn't mean it is not the truth. This is no time to fret and make promises that we cannot keep. She would give me a great deal of confidence. Kannada Prabha | Covid has brought the uncertainty of life into sharp focus positive reinforcement is the smartest thing you can do to help yourself move forward. 'I've watched the first two seasons so many times I have lost count. We should focus on what really has worked for us rather than jump to new diets or resolutions we cant keep. He never broke a marriage and never wanted any child he begot from them to be called illegitimate. Later, she got married and is settled in USA. The upbringing given by our parents gave us a lot of courage and confidence. It was so peaceful and soothed your nerves and gave serenity,it could make you a different person. There is power in reaffirming the positives we have followed for example, getting vaccinated, maintaining health protocols, bonding as families during the lockdown and improving our work-from-home ethic, she adds. For long Rekha ignored his efforts for reconciliation. Dr. Kamala explained the entire procedure of how a woman, born without a womb, realized her dream of attaining motherhood. It was announced last month thatJohn Cleese is set to return to screens as Basil Fawlty, with a reboot of the star's famous comedy Fawlty Towers in the works. Autor de la entrada: Publicacin de la entrada: junio 16, 2022 Categora de la entrada: rivian executive vice president Comentarios de la entrada: most touchdowns in california high school football most touchdowns in california high school football trdgrdsjord byggmax; psykologintervju spo 'We had a party this year - quite a big party. The channels strength has been its in-depth coverage coupled with the quality of international television production. Kamala Selvaraj's home off Nungambakkam High Road has one prominent feature Ganesha figurines in varying sizes, colours and materials. kamala selvaraj husband passed away. The film leaves you wondering where the facts end and the fiction begins. Just an year after their marriage, when Rekha was in the US, Mukesh committed suicide. 01:27 04 Mar 2023, updated 01:39 04 Mar 2023. Awarded as the First Research Scholar in Reproductive Physiology in Tamil Nadu by Dr MGR Medical University, Chennai in September 2001. His children are Revathi Swaminathan, Kamala Selvaraj, Narayani Ganesh, Jaya Shreedhar, Rekha, Radha Usman Syed, Vijaya Chamundeswari and Sathish Kumaar Ganesan. It is a well known fact she ran a whore house in Anna Nagar and had affairs with all leading directors and stars of yesteryears including MGR. 'Camilla and I look forward enormously to expanding it into a series.'. Both of them kept their marriage under wraps for three years. The birth was the first of its kind in southeast Asia and I was the mother of two boy male babies. Help us delete comments that do not follow these guidelines. For long Rekha ignored his efforts for reconciliation. However fortune smiled our way and my father got us into Kasthurba Medical College at Manipal. In pics: The Gemini Ganesan-Rekha family tree, Esha Gupta Soars Mercury Levels In Hot And Sizzling Bikini Photo, Check Out The Diva's Sexy Pictures, Malaika Arora Looks Uber Chic In Bright Yellow Pantsuit, Check Out The Diva's Stunning And Sexy Pictures, Twitter Employee Who Went Viral For Sleeping in Office Shares Meme After Getting Fired, Malaika Arora Is A Beauty In Black In This Statement Saree With Black And White Feathered Pallu, Was SRK a Man Child in 'Kuch Kuch Hota Hai'? city of gary streets and sanitation; velma kelly monologue; wellington towers brantford; 0. kamala selvaraj husband passed away. We were together, for each other, caring and sharing. Journal of Obstetrics & Gynaecology of India, Fertility & Sterility (international journal), Professional memberships (national and international), "Rare sight: Rekha and her five sisters! She said: 'It wasnt all doom and gloom, he still worked for two years. The film is about savitri and everyone one in her life and her career, success and failures. I told her to be careful of any consequential damage., ALSO READ |I didnt want to be a caricatureof Gemini Ganesan: Dulquer Salmaan, She has plenty of issues with the characterisation of her father. Our wedding took place in the midst of stiff opposition from both our families. (L-R)Revathi Swaminathan (Doctor), Narayani Ganesan (Journalist), Kamala Selvaraj (Doctor), Rekha (Actress), Vijaya Chamundeswari (Fitness expert) and Try to avoid outside hyperlinks inside the comment. Gemini Ganesan'sdaughter shares her outrage over the portrayal of her father in Mahanati / Nadigaiyar Thilagam. The attending physiotherapy assistants meticulously took the history and presented the case after which Dr. Kannan examined me and explained the problem. Appa just told me, Say you dont know anything about this when someone asks you about it at school. Savitri was not this weak-minded angel as they show her to be. I was kept away from cinema, actors, magazines,and newspapers. I didnt want to be a caricatureof Gemini Ganesan: Dulquer Salmaan, Now we are on Telegram too. Ganesan never got married to Rekha's mother Pushpavalli. Daddy always told my sister and I that the two most respectable professions for women in those days were teaching and medicine. kamala selvaraj husband passed away. Telugu | Her daughter Dr.Priya Selvaraj also throws some light on the real cure that can come from a doctor as the support and courage they give to their patients during their most trying times. I burst into tears totally humiliated. For long Rekha ignored his efforts for reconciliation. Following my positive recovery, my mom Dr. Kamala Selvaraj also availed Dr. Kannans services and experienced an improvement in her mobility. She has done a phenomenal job, and thats the only good thing I can say about Mahanati.. I remember that I was always bold and my elder sister timid. I nursed Andrew, I was there for every moment of it.. Large portraits of her actor-father Gemini' Ganesan adorn Dr. Kamala's house. All my sisters have pianos at home. And then, Gemini Ganesan entered the film industry and became one of the most popular Tamil actors of his time. In 1973, Rekha was rumoured to be married to Bollywood actor Vinod Mehra. The views expressed in comments published on newindianexpress.com are those of the comment writers alone. Dr Kamala is talking as if Gemini Ganesan was a gentleman. If my father had influenced Savitri to become an alcoholic, why should she give in? Each time I saw my children during the ultrasound evaluation, I would feel thrilled with a hair on end feeling. I came across a small column on the worlds first test tube baby in The Hindu paper and realized I wanted to learn more about it. What she is complain about. It is only when your heart is satisfied with your work can you say you have reached great heights. Dr Kamala Selvaraj says, "As the legendary Dr Gemini Ganesan's daughters, we were taught one thing nothing is permanent; everything is transient. The original series followed the unfortunate exploits of highly-strung Torquay hotelier Basil and his wife Sybil, portrayed by Prunella Scales, as they tried to keep their hotel and marriage afloat. Dr.Kamala selvaraj shares her experience as a model in sangamam celebration | Super Housefull | News7 Tamil Subscribe : https://bitly.com/SubscribeNews7TamilFacebook: http://fb.com/News7TamilTwitter: http://twitter.com/News7TamilWebsite: http://www.ns7.tvNews 7 Tamil Television, part of Alliance Broadcasting Private Limited, is rapidly growing into a most watched and most respected news channel both in India as well as among the Tamil global diaspora. Then Dr.Kamala Selvaraj, after the analysis of hormones and a mock stimulation cycle, proceeded with hyper stimulation using hormone injections. Copyright 2015 - 2023 Deccan Chronicle. I became very timid and nervous and my sister became very bold. It must have been a tough, illustrious journey, your thoughts on the same? Dr Jaya Shreedhar (Health advisor). CHENNAI: The recently released Savitri biopic, Mahanati/Nadigaiyar Thilagam, has been widely appreciated by both audiences and critics alike, but legendary actor Gemini Ganesans daughter, Dr Kamala Selvaraj, isnt so pleased about how her father was portrayed in the film. I was anxious that no one should hurt her. Kamala Selvaraj is an obstetrician and gynecologist from Tamil Nadu, India. It's taken a lot of hard work, but like everything else, and I've put it together myself. Vijaya Chamundeswari, on the other hand, says she prefers to keep mum about Kamalas statements. Hard work never fails, it always pay, though may not pay immediately but will pay permanently. They were only in touch with Vijaya Chamundeswari (Savitris daughter). So why should not I be brave? Published by at June 30, 2022. We left the choice to the doctor because choosing a relative as a substitute mother might be a constant reminder and could create emotional problems. Indian Society of Assisted Reproduction (ISAR). He taught them to swim. Two years later we met a prominent gynecologist, who said since my chromosome is 45XX, she was not sure if the test results were right and moreover on examination she concluded that I could become a mother through a surrogate. "He's my favourite god and has been my guru through. The scenes involving Alamelu (his first wife-my mother), Savitri and my dad werent accurate. We both chose to become doctors,she laughs. I dont think it justifies to show Ganeshan's success. But I believe its become far too dominated by people who are frightened of offending people., He toldGB News Dan Wootton: I want to deal with subjects that get people upset but I want to get sensible people with a sense of humour who will listen to each other and who will trade arguments rather than simply making speeches.. Dr.Kamala Selvaraj lives by this saying and believes the most important, richest wealth of mankind is to give life, the most beautiful wealth a man or a woman can ever accumulate in their lifetime is their children. With the help of assisted reproduction therapy commenced by her hospital, 800 babies have taken birth till now. 28 mei 2022; parkeringsvrmare volvo; osadenie dopravnej znaky . My husband had married me against all odds, despite knowing my rare condition. The Hindu MetroPlus. Rekha spoke about her family when she was trying to make it big in the industry. Saturday, Mar 04, 2023 | Last Update : 10:35 AM IST, Fitness and financial resolutions are so outmoded! He did it for his children and we were thrilled! Comparison of Clomiphene Citrate & Letrozole for Ovulation Induction and resultant pregnancy outcome - Nov/Dec 2004. 2. Marriage is a sacrament, they say. Going ahead, we must learn to draw on steely resolve to face whatever life throws at us. But when we both completed our medical course, things turned the other way. The workshop was very expensive but the thought of removing the grief of childless couples gave me the strength to take bold steps further. I had pain and swelling in my ovaries after the hormone injections and so had to stay in the hospital for two weeks. Dr. Kannan had initiated me on physiotherapy for just 2 days with a note of encouragement. Some reports claim that Rekha was also pregnant with Amitabh Bachchan's baby. Gemini Ganesan and Pushpavalli worked in many films together and fell in love. But now there was this woman who was to bear my child, who will be helping us become parents. I negotiated the Corona years on the basis of. Datenschutz - Privacy Policy I contacted him and enrolled for the workshop with my teacher guiding me every step of the way towards success. Is this not a derogate act of fundamental rights conferred in the India Constitution ? He did the best to give her dignity and protection, because he loved her truly. The filmmakers have relied on hearsay and gossip of someone who perhaps pretended to know everything about the star couple, and deliberately distorted reality., She alleges that Savitri had multiple relationships, and that only one of them was with Gemini Ganesan. The couple have four daughters together Revathi Swaminathan, Kamala Selvaraj, Narayani Ganesh and Jaya Shreedhar. Common in TN as well. Meet the entire Ganesan clan. As most of us may already know she is a pioneer in InVitro Fertilisation and Embryo transfer having accomplished South Indias first ever Test Tube baby conceived naturally. Vinod Mehra was first married to Meena Broca, it was an arranged marriage. I wondered if I could live up to their confidence. Those days I had no dreams, no ambitions and no goals. I know they were in touch with Vijaya Chamundeswari (Savitris daughter), and I trusted her.  On the other hand how the film producers have been permitted to make a film affecting living persons  associated with  film characters in general? Welcome to GG Hospital - Best Fertility Centre In Chennai. He had dementia for four years and we didnt really notice it at first until the memory started going. When we were 16, he asked us if we wanted to get married or pursue a career. I have heard and learnt this many times. I was confident. The views expressed in comments published on newindianexpress.com are those of the comment writers alone. Cleese is writing the new series with his daughter, Camilla,from his second marriage, to Barbara Trentham, the model and actress who died in 2013. If you continue to use our site, you agree to the updated Policies. The actor died on November 23 2016 and his family and close friends gathered on November 30 that year for his funeral and burial in North London. As an old song puts it, we need to accentuate the positive and not dwell on issues like weight gain, financial planning and resolutions that can add to your woes. Today is yellow day at the hospital.  Woman Sums Up KJo Film in a Single Tweet, Tim Bresnan Accused of Racist Remark Towards Azeem Rafiq's Sister, Sushant Singh Rajput's 'Byomkesh' Was Seriously Underrated and Twitter Thinks it Deserved More, Pakistani Actor Ushna Shah Receives Hate for Wearing Red Lehenga on Nikah, Deletes Instagram. My parents who gave life to me, my husband Dr.SFV.Selvaraj who gave me a helping hand, my children Dr.Deepu Rajkamal Selvaraj and Dr.Priya Selvaraj who waited eagerly for a loving touch of mine yet, never disturbed me in my work and above all my deepest gratitude goes to Lord Vinayaka, who blessed me immensely in all my endeavors. They were all childless couples and I wondered if I would really be able to help them.. But we need to be judicious while moderating your comments.  Every night I used to toss in bed thinking of my process and the patients. When you put your faith fully in God and work hard towards your destination, nothing can really fail. kamala selvaraj husband passed away. That trip helped me pep myself to return to Madras with fresh enthusiasm. But Andhra movie business is dominated by Kammas and they will never show the truth. He was the most caring human being one could ever see., Last week, Kamala caught the film along with her family in Madurai. 20 mile house bernadette 0533 929 10 81; best time to visit kodiak island info@reklamcnr.com; grateful dead from the vault box set caner@reklamcnr.com; athens high school basketball roster reklamcnr20@gmail.com Editor and Author for the book titled 100 Questions & Answers for Obstetrics and Gynaecology, Vol I, II - Published by IJCP - 2009. My father always said that you must excel in whatever you do. Years later at a chat show, Rekha denied the marriage rumours and called him a 'well-wisher'. I learned that God never lets down people who work for a good cause sincerely and honestly. Women Extraordinaire Award, Only Success - 12 February 2014. She plans to release it in theatre for a limited period of time. It is not just about a virus. My husband has proven that being faithful is important, even if there were flaws. Copyright 2023, THG PUBLISHING PVT LTD. or its affiliated companies. How do you know that what she said was facts and was not biased? Will you accept it from other media? whats wrong with it. Of course one cannot experience a complete or near complete cure without prescribed exercises and lifestyle modifications. 		Terms of Use |  Published: 18th  May 2018 03:42 AM| Everything seemed strange and nothing went over my head, the manpower was so vast and people so knowledgeable, I was wondering how would I be able to do this in India. After the unrelenting stress of the pandemic for two years, the main things the world needs right now are optimism and cheer. <a href=safeway lawsuit payout, pimp knowledge and street wisdom, austria stairway to heaven deaths,

Croydon Council Complaints About Neighbours, Articles K

kamala selvaraj husband passed away