mike o'loughlin radio announcer

Mike 'Locco' O'Loughlin, the breakfast announcer at 4CA FM in Cairns, is retiring next month after 40 years in the industry. A 1979 graduate of Seton Hall University, Loughlin worked as a sideline reporter and pre- and post-game show host for Devils' telecasts on Fox Sports Net New York from 1997 to 2006. "image": "", Loughlin interviews Marcus Johansson and joins the Cory Schneider scrum, because the goaltender is making his first home start of the season and thats going to be a prominent storyline. It worked out really, really well in terms of her professionalism, her knowledge of the team, her knowledge of the medium., (Working with Chico) has been awesome. He also hosted intermission reports, where he was often paired with Stan Fischler for a question-and-answer feature called "Matt and the Maven". Resch and Loughlin both catch up with Pete Weber, the longtime Predators announcer, before the game. Loughlin and Resch didnt need much filler material the previous night because Schneiders struggles dominated the first period and the wild comeback win filled the rest of the evening. Mike O'loughlin Profiles | Facebook "Michael O'Loughlin On AIDS And The Church". View the profiles of professionals named "Michael Oloughlin" on LinkedIn. Loughlin has a template he uses for every game, but he likes to write down the information instead of just typing it up on a computer and printing it out. Mike O'Loughlin | WBUR radioinfo ABN: 87 004 005 109 | PO Box 6430 North Ryde NSW 2113 Australia. Loughlin attended St. Mary's High School.[1]. He, To connect with Mike about speaking and writing opportunities, click, 2018by Michael J. O'Loughlin. Here is the best thing about Chico, Loughlin says. He wants to know what their day has been like and talk about their kids. There will be five Swiss players in this game, including Hischier and Mirco Mueller from the Devils, which is an anecdote Loughlin wants to work into the broadcast. During the summer of 1995, Loughlin was the sports anchor at 1010 WINS-AM Radio. All Rights Reserved. The bus is leaving for the airport at 10:30 p.m., and there is plenty of time to reach it. Well, it didnt work the last time, but Coleman found Wood on that one! Loughlin says. NASHVILLE, Tenn. Good show. by Brandy Daniels Resch breaks down what he thinks Coleman could have done coming out of the break and, in a fateful twist a few minutes later, Coleman passes to Wood for a goal. Usually, a handful of people stick around, want to say hi and I get to know them a little bit, and hear how the stories impacted them. He has been interviewed by a number of media outlets, including NPR, The BBC, ABC, CBS, Fox News, and MSNBC. Loughlin is a 1979 graduate of Seton Hall University, where he received a B.S. "name" : "Mike O'Loughlin", If no results appear, use Enter to do a full site search. He is currently doing breakfast at SAFM in Adelaide. The Devils rally to tie the game in the third period and send it into overtime, where Nico Hischier seals one of the biggest wins of the season with a highlight-reel goal. (Working with Chico) has been awesome. Includes Address (7) Phone (4) Email (19) See Results. It was the moments before that when Loughlin and Resch found ways to be insightful and entertaining during a game that, by Loughlins own admission was not exactly a barnburner in terms of displaying their talents and chemistry. Loughlin is a New Jersey native and a proud Seton Hall alum. Chico and I are old school. He served a similar role on New York Mets telecasts from 1996 to 2005. He typically spends two-and-a-half to three hours creating the charts for each game, but thats usually spread out over a couple of days. Thats one of his great traits.. From the field to the booth: These New Jersey athletes became sports broadcasters", https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Matt_Loughlin&oldid=1016863072, This page was last edited on 9 April 2021, at 13:38. After a second intermission interview with Jesper Bratt, Loughlin has time during the commercial break to say hello to his son and sons friends who are at the game and have come over to their booth. Oh, thats Ivan, Resch says afterwards. Copyright 1999-2023 New Jersey Devils and the National Hockey League. document.getElementById( "ak_js_1" ).setAttribute( "value", ( new Date() ).getTime() ); Click here to sign up to our free daily newsletter for the latest in radio, audio and podcasting news and jobs, or just enter your email below. Enter Search Term. Hes self-deprecating. I was walking into the inner sanctum, so to speak. Proudly created with Wix.com. The Dishcast with Andrew Sullivan. 6 and 7, turning this first period into whats become an all-too-familiar situation for Schneider this season. Then sort of looking at what's happening with the church today, like what have we learned from that time in history? Taylor Hall is out for the Devils and Paul Stastny is returning for the Golden Knights. They will wait for Taylor Hall, but they wont wait for Matt Loughlin or Chico Resch, Loughlin says. Join Facebook to connect with Mike O'loughlin and others you may know. Sometimes, some of the best events include both people who are a couple decades older than me, who lived through that time and have their own experiences, and also students who certainly don't remember that time firsthand. During that time, he has also served as the play-by-play announcer for selected Devils games. This event is co-sponsored by the Garaventa Center along with the Department of English and is free and open to the public. He had chances to fill in, particularly with the Devils when Mike Doc Emrick had national network responsibilities, but when the New Jersey radio job opened in 2006, Loughlin saw it as an opportunity for his big break. Jazz musician Mike O'Loughlin's bio, concert & touring information, albums, reviews, videos, photos and more. Michael Olaughlin in FL - Address & Phone Number | Whitepages Saturday becomes the type of game where they need to rely on their research and rapport a little bit more. Loughlin will continue his role as an anchor for NBA TVs The Insiders, having recently covered the NBA draft, as well as the WNBA All-Star Game festivities. This United States biographical article related to radio is a stub. Hynes speaks with the media just before 5 p.m. and Loughlin interviews Kyle Palmieri, leaving little time for Lachot in Phoenix to have sound from both conversations ready for the pregame show. Theyll come to our booth and were on the air, but its OK. Theyll yell, Chi-cooooo, and hell acknowledge them so thats cool., Sherry came in, and she had done it previously, Loughlin said. The announcement was made by Devils CEO/ President/General Manager Lou Lamoriello. Im offering you the job. He also tapped a pile of resumes, or what I assumed were resumes, and he goes, Ive got to let these people know, one way or another., One of Matt Loughlins game charts for New Jerseys game against Nashville. View Mike O'Loughlin's profile on LinkedIn, the world's largest professional community. Once the game starts in Nashville, its clear its going to be a very different type of contest to broadcast. His third and final stint in Cairns is ending after 12 years; his last day on the air will be December 21. This talk will not be held in person but will be recorded and made available at a later date. She can be reached at wanzek22@up.edu. Reset your passwordClick the eye to show your password. Follow Corey on Twitter @cmasisak22. How did you find your passion for journalism and writing in general? Media | Michael O'Loughlin I really enjoy the opportunity to chat with others who maybe are in a different place in that struggle, to sort of hear what their story has been like and share some common experiences to help each other out. View Michael Olaughlin results in Florida (FL) including current phone number, address, relatives, background check report, and property record with Whitepages. So I do feel like we're in this race against the clock to capture these stories before they are lost completely to time. Michael J. O'Loughlin is the author of "Hidden Mercy: Catholics, AIDS, and Untold Stories of Compassion in the Face of Fear," which is based on the America podcast series, " Plague: Untold Stories of AIDS and the Catholic Church ." The charts for the game Saturday in Nashville have to be done in pieces ahead of time because of the back-to-back, so he works on it when he can like Friday afternoon and later that night when the team is at the airport waiting for the chartered plane to be ready for them. Rinne is one of the goaltenders who had the same hip labrum surgery that Schneider had this past summer, so Loughlin seeks out his insight on the procedure and potential reasons for Schneiders current struggles. and by Dave Turnbloom, STAFF OPINION: Revisit the tracks of your youth, STAFF OPINION: Vinyls: More than a piece of pressed plastic, The Student Voice Of The University of Portland Since 1935, The Student Voice of the University of Portland Since 1935, Plague: Untold Stories of AIDS and the Catholic Church. On this day, the Friday of the back-to-back, Loughlin wakes up at 7:45 a.m. and leaves home for The Rock two hours later. Send us your media releases. Assist key staff by producing 60 minute DJ sets for Friday night broadcasts. Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment. George Ezra rakes in the spins with Green Green Grass: AirCheck, Christian OConnell officially becomes an Australian citizen, Tonis new book riding high on the bestseller lists, Dean Lewis performs live song that brings Erin Molan to tears, Click here to sign up to our free daily newsletter for the latest in radio, audio and podcasting news and jobs. It also gives fans sitting in the sections nearby or hanging out behind them the type of access they wouldnt typically get, if Loughlin and Resch were up in the press box above the seats. Last night it was Nico. Its been a blast. ', Thats all Keith gave him, right? Loughlin replies. Mike O'Loughlin - Videographer - Molo Media | LinkedIn From 1996-2005, Loughlin was the pre- and post-game host for New York Mets games, as well as play-by-play announcer . So I began an internship at America Magazine, where I work now, back in 2009 as a grad student, and then was lucky to do a lot of freelancing. Yeah, I feel like religious responses are really complex. Share on twitter Share on facebook 3SRFM Mike 'Locco' O'Loughlin Recent comments (0) Post new comment Load more posts Jobs 6PR Digital Content Producer I feel like a lot of times it can be one sided. He has won awards from the Catholic Media Association, the National LGBT Journalists Association, and the Religion News Association. Mike O'Loughlin - VIce President Sales and Marketing - LinkedIn The walls feature many photos from when Lewis was there and theres a sign outside recognizing the sit-ins as important moments in Nashvilles history. He is eager to share the stories and experiences as part of the Author Talk series. The Devils skipping the afternoon skate gives him an opportunity to explore some of the places hes read about in Lewis book, but also adds a little extra work for him just before showtime. Loughlin began his broadcasting career in 1979 as a news reporter at WCTC-AM in New Brunswick (NJ). What makes you passionate about that area of writing? Tell us why you would like to improve the Mike O'Loughlin musician page. During the postgame show, Loughlin and Resch talk with Brett Seney, who scored the tying goal. It was buzzing over there before the game, Resch says of the honky-tonk filled street. To connect with Mike about speaking and writing opportunities, click Contact. He listens to a local podcast about the Predators and then goes for a walk to get some coffee. Mike O'Loughlin, the - RadioInfo Australia Just seeing how different their lives are and how there are still common elements where they can connect with one another. Mike O'Loughlin musician - All About Jazz by (Corey Masisak), Here is the best thing about Chico, Loughlin says. I kind of stumbled into it, but it's worked out over the past several years. Later, the Devils have a great chance to tie the game but Marcus Johansson fails to connect with Hischier on a pass. Angus O'Loughlin has worked in the entertainment industry for 15 years, including TV, radio, and podcasts. , by Kate Seddon I called it the Miracle on Mulberry Street, Resch says. }. That had been upsetting to me because I really value my faith and it was a big part of my life, and I felt like I was being forced to choose between two parts of my identity and it felt upsetting and unfair. That tip had him beat but the post said, Ill take care of that, Keith. OLoughlin values the stories people have shared with him over the years and hopes this talk can be an opportunity for everyone to share and learn from each other. Hes been in the game forever. It's one faith that prompts people to respond to contemporary challenges in very different ways. Loughlin is reading a book called Walking with the Wind: A Memoir of the Movement. One of the co-authors of the book, Civil Rights advocate John Lewis, went to college in Nashville and helped stage a famous sit-in at Woolworths diner on Fifth Avenue to protest segregation. , by Meg Breen For information about ordering bulk copies of Hidden Mercy, please contact Broadleaf Books at 877-373-0706. Their location at Prudential Center at the back of the lower concourse provides them with a great view of the game. From 1993-95, he was the trackside reporter for Summer Racing at Yonkers Raceway, and in 1995 called play-by-play for the New Jersey Rockin Rollers professional roller hockey league team. Locco is back doing breakfast radio in the Goulburn Valley with 3SR FM telling Radio Today: I thought I had retired, but got asked back into the fold. And I'm curious, why did you choose to give this talk to college students and why do you think it's important for college students to hear about the stories in Hidden Mercy? I write in the book that I wasn't always comfortable identifying myself as a gay person in the Catholic Church because I still held on to some of those questions I had about whether I really had a place. Sometimes it sets up where the odds are so stacked up against you, but that is just when you win, Resch says. ", Review: "O'Loughlin challenges everyoneto fight injustice", "Pope thanks religious, lay people who help HIV/AIDS patients", "On World AIDS Day, Pope calls for renewed solidarity with victims", "In new letter, Pope Francis praises priests, nuns who cared for AIDS victims", "Pope Francis thanks Americas Michael J. OLoughlin for reporting on Catholic responses to H.I.V./AIDS", "Pope Francis praises book detailing LGBTQ ministry during HIV/AIDS pandemic", "New book tells untold stories of queer Catholics in the 1980s", "'Hidden Mercy brought to light for World AIDS Day", "An Interview With 'Hidden Mercy' Author Michael OLoughlin", Review: "filled with inspiring characters and stories", "The Catholic Church and the global HIV/AIDS crisis", "New Book on AIDS Highlights Compassion of Sisters and Colleagues at St. Vincents", Review: "We gain inspiration, and understand our own struggles more clearly", "Book explores role of Catholics in AIDS crisis during 80s and 90s", "The Untold Stories of AIDS and the Catholic Church", "Celebrate Pride Month with books that honor all as 'wonderfully made'", Interview: The Roundtable, WAMC Northeast Public Radio, "Gay and Catholic: Memories of Trauma and Compassion During the AIDS Crisis". Pete told me he was the one who drove Butch to the airport in Montreal after the trade happened. Its not intimidating, but I cant count on one hand well, maybe both hands in the 25 years Ive been associated with the Devils that I was in his office, Loughlin said. On top of writing, OLoughlin also hosts the podcast Plague: Untold Stories of AIDS and the Catholic Church.. One of Nashvilles best early chances goes off the right post. This is the worst-case scenario, Resch says. We actually talk to each other, Loughlin says. Locco is back - Radio Today His knowledge of the game is superb, Loughlin said. I had never heard that before.. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it. Staff Writer It was, Why do you think you can do this? It sometimes felt like there just wasn't room for a gay person to be part of the institution. They will wait for Taylor Hall, but they wont wait for Matt Loughlin or Chico Resch, Loughlin says. He previously covered the New Jersey Devils for The Athletic, and before that the Washington Capitals for the Washington Times and CSN Washington, and the league for NHL.com. Sherry Ross, who had worked as an analyst for the team from 1992-95 before joining the New York Daily News, returned to the booth to join Loughlin in 2007. Triple M unveils its commentary team for 2023 NRL season, Lachy Perry: From AFTRS to Workday Announcer at 94.9 PowerFM, Kate Ritchie rumoured to be returning to Nova on another show, Sydneys 2CH becomes SEN as Crocmedia confirms sports format, Nine revives Magic to replace Macquarie Sports Radio, Michael McLaren to host National Overnights on Nine Radio, SCAs Hit Network axes 19 regional breakfast shows. Maria Wanzek is a reporter for The Beacon. Q&A with Author and Journalist Michael O'Loughlin "Pope Francis Sent Me a Letter. (Corey Masisak), Resch making some last-minute additions to his game chart. Ive learned a lot about hockey history from him, and we get along really well., Loughlin chatting with Predators forward Kevin Fiala. Seney tells them his linemates, Drew Stafford and Brian Boyle, probably have more combined NHL experience than he has years alive. See the complete profile on LinkedIn and discover Mike's . We certainly weren't taught this history in religious ed, in parishes, and I think there's still a bit of a taboo nature about it. And they all want a piece of him. Loughlin ties in parts of his talk with Fiala from earlier in the day, discussing with Hischier the rise of Swiss hockey and former Islanders captain Mark Streit leading the charge. Proudly created with Wix.com. "url": "https://www.allaboutjazz.com/musicians/mike-oloughlin" ", Review: "vital, necessary, timely, and pointed at a broad Catholic readership", Review: "provides a means of healing, hope and inspiration", Review: "A superb unravelling of the Catholic Church in the midst of the Aids crisis. At one point early in the third period, Loughlin notes that the crowd is pretty quiet, but that it wont be on Broadway after the game. They talk some more about how great Nashville is as a city. He told the Cairns Post: "People I've interviewed, from your Mick Jaggers to authors of books like Jeffery Deaver and Lee Child it's just been great." Thinking back on his most memorable time at the Cairns station: His drive to the arena sometimes includes a stop at Dunkin Donuts, depending on time and traffic. So I think capturing that story is essential to understanding our political situation today. They focus on the Devils getting three out of four points during a weekend without Hall, and look ahead to a critical upcoming stretch of the season. If I had asked you this morning what could be the worst-case scenario, this is what you would have said.. Yeah, I think there's sort of a bias in the mainstream reporting to view religious people as being conservative, and there certainly is a large cohort of US Christians who are politically conservative. I said thats great and we talked about some terms, which were all agreeable on his end. A familiar voice to many from the 7XS Breakfast Show, as well as his time on LAFM and 7SD - we look forward to. It's really interesting to hear you talking about this and how those stories that may have slipped away, how you recover them, to look back at history in a new light and see the stories that may not have been shown.

Dinosaur Deck Yugioh 2021, Articles M

mike o'loughlin radio announcer