theresa swann real name

Poochie was not a guy who was afraid to go out and pull the trigger. A later 2005 story by Chuck Philips alleged that an informant for the Poole-Sullivan theory, Psycho Mike, was a schizophrenic with admitted memory lapses who confessed to hearsay. The defense later obtained many older phone recordings on its own, and Wilson made clear it was the U.S. Attorney's fault. officers David Mack and Rafael Perez? About Teresa Swann. However, Kading and Daryn Dupree, an LAPD gang detective on the team, copied Swann's words in police journals. Advertising disclosure: We may receive compensation for some of the links in our stories. We are relying on her statement, but it is backed up by other people within Death Row, who were all trying to get $25,000 in untraceable funds for something Suge needed done. murder investigation. He believes LAPD lost its grip on Swann by ditching Kading's idea to wiretap her conversations with Knight so they could use her as an informant. Greg Kading: Yeah, and thisll probably sound a little bit suspicious to you, but working in these federal task forces all the different agencies have their own internal policies about interview protocol. The fourth bullet was fatal, entering through his right hip and striking several vital organs, including his colon, liver, heart, and the upper lobe of his left lung, before stopping in his left shoulder area. Theresa Elizabeth Swann. This seed of skepticism is resown in the pages of Murder Rap. So he provides these little details in his clue that are kind of vague, they dont really give you anything substantial: theres no last name, theres no real physical [description], theres no residence, nothing. Kading, who led a major Federal task force probe into Biggie's murder, has revealed how his forces investigations and Suges ex - codenamed "Theresa Swann" - detailed how Suge's paid enforcer Darnell Poochie Fouse pulled the trigger on March 9, 1997. After losing Biggie Smalls, he expanded his hip-hop empire newly titled Bad Boy Entertainment Worldwide to encompass the film, restaurant and apparel industries. Greg Kading: No, Ive never interviewed David Kenner. detective Russell Poole. When you see that the foundation of his theory implodes cause it was all based on this very arbitrary clue from a jailhouse informant that I think weve disproven once that foundation falls apart the whole Amir Muhammad thing, the whole David Mack thing, the whole thing is irrelevant. The theory was based on evidence provided by an informant named Psycho Mike[16] and the general resemblance of Muhammad to the facial composite generated during the investigation. Theresa Swann Profiles | Facebook Yesterday (October 4th), Greg Kading, a Medal of Valor recipient for bravery, spoke with HipHopDX (courtesy of Rare Bird Lit) in a two-part interview, with the first half of Q&A dedicated to his investigation into the murder of Notorious B.I.G. The man who shocked the Hip Hop world by challenging the seemingly solid theory put forth by Russell Poole regarding the murder of Biggie Smalls further raised eyebrows in his discussion with DX by refuting several previously established facts in the case, and even challenged one of the most convincing criminal identifications ever captured on film. The first bullet hit his left forearm and traveled down to his wrist; the second hit him in the back, missing all vital organs, and exited through his left shoulder; and the third hit his left thigh and exited through his inner thigh. And on this surreal morning on Dec. 18, 2008, Keffe D is going to snitch. While her real name has been mentioned online and in books, Swann has always shied away from the limelight. Theresa Swann is on Facebook. Swann revealed how the rap boss, who was behind bars at the time, ordered Compton gangster Poochie to murder Biggie, during a taped interview - which later she secured an immunity deal on, according to Kading. [34], United States District Judge Florence-Marie Cooper granted summary judgment to the city on December 17, 2007, finding that the Wallace family had not complied with a California law that required the family to give notice of its claim to the State within six months of Wallace's death. after killing B.I.G. The first thing he thought was, What the f*** are you going to be asking these questions for?, Suges defense was, I do not know what you are talking about.. Read an updated list of characters in the Tupac and Biggie murder cases. And so when you have these guys and [theyre like], What did you see? The team of feds and LAPD officers believed they were on the brink of solving one of the most haunting cold cases in popular history. Seated at the head of a long conference table in the DEA's chilly downtown L.A. offices on May 28, 2009, Swann stared at the false confession as if [Detective Dupree] had pulled out a rattlesnake and placed it on the table, writes Kading. Wilson publicly singled out Kading for making what appeared to be inappropriate promises of leniency and favors to the two witnesses. The Metro section of the Times reported that police suspected a connection between Wallace's death and the Rampart police corruption scandal, consistent with Sullivan and Poole's theory. Kading explains to the Weekly that it was an innocent use of words, played wildly out of context. Though Kading spends a chapter attacking Poole's stubborn conviction that Death Rowaffiliated LAPD officers helped take out the nation's fastest-rising rap star, and follows many of the same leads as the Times, Kading's core criticism that the LAPD sacrificed justice for self-preservation tends to parallel Poole's. Estate of Wallace v. City of Los Angeles, 229 F.R.D. Respected Robbery-Homicide Detective Russell Poole, who inherited the Biggie Smalls case from the Wilshire Division a month after the rapper was shot, had developed a growing suspicion that a handful of rogue cops, taking orders from Suge Knight, were accomplices in Smalls' murder and that corrupt LAPD officials, under then-Chief Bernard Parks, had rushed to cover their bloody trail. and Tupac Shakur from 2006-2009 as part of a joint L.A.P.D./federal task force that set out initially to solve the murder of Biggie Smalls in the wake of his mother Voletta Wallaces multi-million dollar lawsuit against the city of Los Angeles for allegedly covering up the fact that then on-duty L.A.P.D. It was an in-person [meeting]. But for Duane Keffe D Keith Davis, a shot caller for the Southside Crips, it now happens to be his lawyer's office. In his book he says that she fronted alot of businesses for Suge to wash/hide his money. Swann wore a body-wire during a meet with Suge, now out of prison, which ended in failure. Journalist Randall Sullivan devoted both a sprawling Rolling Stone article and a popular novel to Poole's allegations. . Nearly a year later, in April 2010, when Voletta Wallace withdrew her lawsuit against the City of Los Angeles, what remained of the task force was quickly dismantled by Robbery-Homicide Capt. Suges criminal instincts kept him from taking the bait when she raised Biggies death. However, as youll read in the book, there was a third person there, which was Suge Knights attorney, David Kenner. agent actually in the interview with us. Teresa Swann - Marketing Operations Manager - LinkedIn A police report quoted in the book says that "Theresa Swann" (an alias), one of Suge Knight's baby mothers, confessed to taking money from him in order to set up the hit: "During one or more of. And I think maybe he was trying to help too much, as opposed to just being perfectly honest. He told me to tell Poochie to get over there and take care of it, you know what I mean?. Greg Kading: I would love to sit down and show you their actual statements, because you see that Lil Cease doesnt give that description in his initial interview. Kading claims that while Poochie was looking to ingratiate himself with Knight, the record boss needed to strike back at East Coast gangsters for Tupacs killing six months earlier in Las Vegas. Sullivan, in response, quoted the lead attorney of the Wallace estate calling the newspaper "a co-conspirator in the cover-up. He claimed that Combs "failed to fully cooperate with the investigation", and according to Poole, encouraged Bad Boy staff to do the same. Cooper declared a mistrial in Voletta Wallace's civil suit against LAPD and fired a stern warning shot at the department, awarding Voletta Wallace more than $1 million in legal fees. Criminals are more comfortable affirming information than providing it. He only gives that description after hes gone and talked to Eugene Deal. Suge is not an idiot, but a criminally sophisticated guy, "If you know someone is working with law enforcement and you go out and do something to them - who is their number one target now?". Former Detective Greg Kading Clarifies His Explosive Claims - HipHopDX Within weeks, despite 22 devoted years on the force, in a move the fiercely independent Detective Harry Bosch might pull in a Michael Connelly novel, Kading turned in his LAPD badge and walked out the door. Greg Kading: We believe its a guy named Poochie, who was a Blood affiliate of Suge Knights. In the decade and a half since the two most famous homicides in hip-hop history, police have made no arrests. While her real name has been mentioned online and in books, Swann has always shied away from the limelight. Believe me.. heirs sue LAPD, officials, city", "Notorious B.I.G. After Greg left, we finally made the decision, McClure says. [27][28] Retired LAPD detective Greg Kading, who worked for three years on a gang task force that included the Wallace case, alleged that the rapper was shot by Wardell "Poochie" Fouse. No, I never got a chance to talk to Russ. Kading writes in Murder Rap that his former teammates carried all of the team's hard-earned evidence to the LAPD archive room to collect dust. View Teressa Swann results including current phone number, address, relatives, background check report, and property record with Whitepages. Money that was immediate was what they worked for. But it wouldn't last. The allegations that blame Tupac Shakur's murder on Sean Combs tend to strengthen a different, yet equally controversial, L.A. Times article from 2008, in which Philips fingers Combs for initially setting up a bloody mugging of Shakur in 1994, two years before he was killed in Las Vegas. And you dont see that Eugene Deal brings up the fact that theres this guy in the parking lot who he identifies as a Nation Of Islam-looking guy who approached them that stuff doesnt get brought up until a second interview, at which time Lil Cease and Eugene Deal have had a chance to kinda compare notes. What do you know about Rafael Perez? Theresa Swann | Facebook Now David Kenner has what we call hes got privileged communications, because hes the attorney. She had been a resident . After a 25-year career in law enforcement, Kading retired in 2010 and began writing his book detailing the three years he investigated the murders of The Notorious B.I.G. - also known as Biggie Smalls -was killed 25 years ago in a drive-by shooting, Greg Kading, a retired detective, lead an investigation into Biggie's murder, Suge Knight is currently serving 28 years for voluntary manslaughter in a separate case, Biggie was shot in Los Angeles on March 9, 1997, aged 24, Suge allegedly set up Biggie's murder in retaliation for his friend Tupac's death, Tupac was killed in a drive by shooting in Las Vegas in 1996, Funeral cars filled with floral tributes for Biggie in Brooklyn in a farewell drive-by, Former detective Kading does not believe the LAPD will ever close Biggie's case, Notorious B.I.G.s killer shot him for just $14k & Suge Knight ordered his baby mama to orchestrate the hit, I'm a nurse but I have tattoos ALL OVER my body - I looked totally unrecognisable before I was inked, Hundreds of thousands of Ukrainian refugees will come to Britain as Boris vows to open new route 'in next few days', I was a 70-a-day builder after teachers wrote me off at school - now I'm a crypto millionaire on 500k a year, Desperate Putin could deploy mini-nukes in warning to Nato if 'clusterf**k' invasion continues, warns US intelligence, Man, 28, killed after plunging 1000ft as he climbed Ben Nevis after 17 people rescued from peak, Diner slams pub's 'dry and overcooked' roast dinner after uni student pays 11.79 for 'depressing' meal, My boss asked me if keeping my baby was a 'good idea' then I was made redundant - now I've won 25,000, 1996 murder of his money maker Tupac Shakur. In 1998 I found love in selling & promoting Real Estate by helping families sell or find their dream home! Searight declined to comment to the Weekly. In a taped confession fully reviewed by L.A. Weekly, Keffe D says, [Combs] took me downstairs and he's like, 'Man, I want to get rid of them dudes.' Greg Kading: No, absolutely not. [9], Wallace's death was mourned by fellow hip hop artists and fans worldwide. Ex-LAPD Detective Reveals Notorious B.I.G. Murder Confession On VH1's We are relying on her statement, but it is backed up by other people within Death Row, who were all trying to get $25,000 in untraceable funds for something Suge needed done. Three years later, listening to the confessions fingering Sean Combs and Suge Knight, Kading felt he could almost see the finish line. Poochie was not a guy who was afraid to go out and pull the trigger. Theresa Swann Obituary (1960 - 2022) - Legacy Remembers Staying in a tent, Kading became increasingly desperate for stability. Blasts LAPD Over Autopsy Report", "Notorious B.I.G. Greg Kading: Yeah, absolutely. This service is provided on News Group Newspapers' Limited's Standard Terms and Conditions in accordance with our Privacy & Cookie Policy. The Murders of gangsta rappers Tupac Shakur and Notorious B.I.G. They had been shooting at each other, dealing drugs, stealing cars for their lives. In Laguna Beach, however, his mother learned that her boyfriend had been arrested; she decided Orange County was as good a place to live as any. For instance, have you ever seen that movie L.A. Do you accept Eugene Deals identification of Amir as being credible? View our online Press Pack. Kading, who led a major Federal task force probe into Biggie's murder, has revealed how his forces investigations and Suges ex - codenamed "Theresa Swann" - detailed how Suge's paid enforcer Darnell Poochie Fouse pulled the trigger on March 9, 1997. Kading tells him on tape: Everything in this report has to be right on, because if down the road it's determined that some of these details are incorrect, then everything's off the table. Keffe D responds, Don't bullshit me, and I won't bullshit y'all.. In fact, Beck's detectives were doing the opposite. As his net worth has skyrocketed to nearly $500 million, his image has softened at the same rate: He's a mentor to tween heartthrob Justin Bieber and an MTV reality-show regular. He says Swanns description confirmed and expanded on evidence his team gathered in their probe. But the point is this, there may have been a guy there that was in the parking lot that matched the description of that person, but thats nothing like what Lil Cease sees and the other witnesses see of the person thats behind the wheel of the car. Kading feels that the task force, as reconstituted under Beck, jeopardized the cooperation promised to the LAPD by Keffe D by turning over Keffe D's confession to Las Vegas police. Select the best result to find their address, phone number, relatives, and public records. The gang culture has no regard for the law. Kading says he never got the chance to clear up the confusion because he was never called to testify. He cited the prosecution's failure to disclose evidence to the defense, such as phone calls between Kading and Smith and between Kading and Del Real, as well as his police notebooks. Wrongful-Death Case Declared A Mistrial", "Lawsuit involving rapper death dismissed", Notorious: Original Motion Picture Soundtrack, https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Murder_of_the_Notorious_B.I.G.&oldid=1141591318, Short description is different from Wikidata, Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License 3.0, Amir Muhammed a.k.a. Wilson admonished Searight, not Kading, for failing to collect all available recordings of phone calls between Kading and Derrick Smith at a Santa Ana jail. [26], The criminal investigation into Wallace's murder was re-opened in July 2006 to look for new evidence to help the city defend the civil lawsuits brought by the Wallace family. The report said that the third bullet struck "the left side of the scrotum, causing a very shallow, .mw-parser-output .frac{white-space:nowrap}.mw-parser-output .frac .num,.mw-parser-output .frac .den{font-size:80%;line-height:0;vertical-align:super}.mw-parser-output .frac .den{vertical-align:sub}.mw-parser-output .sr-only{border:0;clip:rect(0,0,0,0);height:1px;margin:-1px;overflow:hidden;padding:0;position:absolute;width:1px}38in[10mm] linear laceration." 104 records for Teresa Swann. Suge is not an idiot, but a criminally sophisticated guy, "If you know someone is working with law enforcement and you go out and do something to them - who is their number one target now?". . Sean Combs told the Weekly via email: This story is pure fiction and completely ridiculous. Suge Knight could not be reached. Stay tuned to HipHopDX for the stunning second half of our conversation with Greg Kading, in which the former member of the Los Angeles Police Department takes DX through his investigation into the murder of Tupac in Las Vegas. ", "Interview: Former L.A.P.D. [13] The New York Times described Broomfield's documentary as a "largely speculative" and "circumstantial" account relying on flimsy evidence, failing to "present counter-evidence" or "question sources.

Ian Woan Wife, Articles T

theresa swann real name